Information on starting a Veterans Town Hall:
- Visit the national Vets Town Hall site (and download the Field Manual).
- Visit Sebastian Junger’s website.
Samples of event documents:
Publicity & Outreach
- Press release for 2018 Burlington and Rutland events
Press release for 2017 Burlington event
- Eventbrite page for 2018 Burlington & Rutland events
- Facebook event listing for 2018 Burlington event
- Social media graphics for 2017 Burlington event
- Poster for the 2018 VT events.
Poster for 2017 Burlington event.
- Half-sheet handbills for the 2018 VT events.
Quarter-sheet handouts used for 2017 Burlington event
At the Event
- Program (front and back) used for the 2017 Burlington event
- Time cards (5 minutes remaining, 2 minutes remaining, time’s up)
- Speaker sign-up sheet used for 2017 Burlington event
- Email sign-up sheet
- Host’s opening statement, ground rules, closing statement
(Compiled from the field manual. Adjust event end time as needed.)
Please don’t hesitate to email Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions and suggestions are welcome, and I would love to meet/talk with you if you’re thinking of starting a Veterans Town Hall in Vermont.